Welcome to Great River Firearms Training, Inc! We are pleased and
flattered you have considered us for your formal firearms training. All
are taught by NRA Certified Pistol and Illinois State Police Approved
Concealed Carry Instructors. This training is based on
comprehensive NRA Basic Pistol course, with additional required training
for acquiring an Illinois Concealed Carry permit.
Whether you are an experienced shooter or have never fired a gun before, we will help you qualify for an Illinois concealed carry permit. You will learn how to safely handle a handgun and hone your skills as a marksman.
Attention Illinois Residents interested in Concealed Carry. Great River Firearms Training, Inc. is now accepting classroom reservations for the purpose of obtaining a concealed carry permit in the state of Illinois. Our classroom/range training dates are listed on this site. Please have your current, valid FOID card or evidence of application for the FOID card before registering for our Concealed Carry classes.
New shooters and persons who have not had any formal firearms training will probably have to complete the entire 16 hour training course as outlined by the State of Illinois. Those persons with military service, another state’s conceal carry permit, a recognized hunter safety course or NRA Basic Pistol Training may qualify for a credit towards the State of Illinois mandated 16 hours necessary to complete the courses. Please check with us first. The course outlines are listed below:
The required 16-hour firearms training course will include range qualification time and shall cover the following:
1. Firearm safety
2. The basic principles of marksmanship
3. Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm
4. All applicable state and federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm
5. Instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
All applicants must pass a live fire exercise with a concealable firearm consisting of:
1. A minimum of 30 rounds
2. 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards, 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards, and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the ISP.
Disclaimer: The number of hours required by the Illinois state Police will be determined by previous training.
Please call to determine if any previous experience or training will qualify.
We are not affiliated with Western Illinois Firearm Training